Saturday 31 May 2008

Photo Workshop in KL : End June


Update 2000 GMT 010608 : I have set up a separate website for all matters relating to the workshops here or see links list on right sidebar.

Update
2200 GMT 310509 : To all that responded, thanks for your interest shown, I never thought I would get such response within 12 hours of posting workshop details. As to those people that responded to my posting at photokaki.com I don't know what happened but that post has been deleted, please contact me here.



I will notify all once the dates and venue are fixed in a couple of weeks time. It would most likely be Saturday afternoons, and location will be in KL or Taman Tun area. Because of the smallish group, if anyone really cannot make the dates pls do let me know early so I can offer it to another person, to be fair, as I am not taking any deposit or confirmation monies. We now have 6 persons, so I am needing say another 2 or 3 persons.


To all photo-enthusiasts,

I will be in KL at the end of June to mid July and was hoping to give an introductory workshop to a small group of 6 - 8 people over 2 full afternoons.

This is a tentative programme :

Who is it for?

Do you feel like a little guidance in developing your photography skills now that you have all the fancy new equipment?
Are you at lost as to what to photograph?
Do you want to build on your existing portfolio?
Do you chimp?
Are you confident in photographing people in public?
Do you want to create a visual style of your own instead of just 'reproducing'

postcards images?
Do you photograph from your heart or from your head?

1st Afternoon


We start out the tough way with the basics in photography. Here you will discover what photography means to you, what it really is about, and you will get a totally new viewpoint to work out from. We will look at how to deconstruct and analyse images.
- and you will get an assignment!

2nd Afternoon


Follow-up on 1st session and questions answered.
We will touch on composition, color temperature, light, working with available light, discovering your potential to see.


Valuable final product


- you will challenge yourself to make fine photographs.

- learn how to work on project-led images.

- you can control the light.

- develop your own signature style.

- you will obtain much better results in your pictures.

- you will find out which camera is suited for your style.

Costs

It costs absolutely nothing! This is an introductory workshop, it will help me gauge the level of interest, competency and dedication to learn for a future more comprehensive program. ie. you are my guinea pigs! There will be some preparation though from your side, as learning and teaching is a two-way process.

Post me a comment if you are interested. There will only be about 6 - 8 places.

About Me


18 comments:

WilsonC said...

What level of photography do you expect? I am very interested. I have messed around with my dSLR a little bit but yearn to get some formal training.

svllee said...

Hi there wilsonc, thanks for responding. The workshop is open for all 'levels'. As long you have a vision and competent enough to handle your camera. For this program I wouldn't be wanting to teach about camera handling skills etc i.e. very basic settings like aperture and shutter, ISOs, choice of lenses etc. Its more cerebral, in that I want participants to think more, and shoot less, but shoot better.

WilsonC said...

I've got 2 for you then. :) Thanks for setting this up.

Tracy Tan said...

me!

this is great steven! once you give me the dates, i'll scramble to get someone to babysit Micah for 2 afternoons :)

Anonymous said...

hi steven, i'm interested in the workshop. kindly advise details to xcaliber300ATgmailDOTcom or zero one two 3 6 9 1 5 double 8. thks. chew

Anonymous said...

hi steven,
i'm interested in your in photo workshop in KL. wan to know more about lighting. pls reserved a place for me under daren chong. my email is darenchong@gmail.com and contact no. 012-322 5553. thanks!

Anonymous said...

Steven,
Am very keen to attend the workshop. Appreciate if u cud set the dates early & e-mail details to me here: roziah.s.a.m{at}gmaildotcom. Thx.

svllee said...

To all,

Thanks a bunch for showing interest in my planned workshop. I will notify all once the dates and venue are fixed in a couple of weeks time. It would most likely be Saturday afternoons, and location will be in KL or Taman Tun area. Because of the smallish group, if anyone rally cannot make the dates pls do let me know early so I can offer it to another person, to be fair as I am not taking any deposit or confirmation monies. We now have 5, so I am needing say another 4 or 5 persons.

Hello Wilsonc,

thanks for your interest. Please can you drop me an email with the following details. Name, email and tel number for the two of you.

Hi Tracy! Good to hear from you. Same again, just need your contact details.

Hi Chew,

Thanks, I got your email and tel number.

Hi Darren,

Thanks, I got yoru email and number.

svllee said...

Hi Roziah, thanks for your interest! Yes, I've got your email, pls can I have a mobile number also. Send it to my email svllee @ gmail.com

beyond said...

Hi Steven, I thought ur website looked awfully familiar. Hahaha. THis is Jason. Ted Adnan's fren. We met at Starbucks during the discussion session for PM exhibition. I m also interested in the workshop too!

Anonymous said...

hi steven,

i'm benjamin. i'm interested too. wanna improve my shooting skills. and seems that there are lots of new things to learn in your workshop. my email is benjamin.gan@gmail.com and my contact number : 012-335 3830. thanks!

WilsonC said...

Great! I sent you an email with the details. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hi Steven,
i'm really interested to join your workshop. Kindly advise details to jckoh(at)hotmail.com or maxis-337.1121

Thanks!
Jacky

svllee said...

Dear All,

I have set up a new website purely for the workshop initiative so that all participants may keep updated quickly and it also permits feedback through direct postings there instead of emailing me. Please bookmark it at www.slphotoworks.blogspot.com

Many thanks

Steven

***cinDee*** said...

oh no i'm too late

Pak Idrus said...

Steven it should be in August, then I could attend. Well I believe it would be a successful workshop. Have a nice day.

sophiatai :) said...

awesome.

when is it and where?

svllee said...

Hi Sophia..this post relates to a past workshop in 2008. Sorry! Please check back for new workshops. Also visit my other website at www.explorenation.net